As all of you know by now, this is the last week of our Fall session. On Monday, our Senior 2 and National groups boys are going to be gone for the HS season, and we’ll be welcoming the HS girls. To the guys, good luck on the HS season; to the girls, it’s good to have you back!
This past Wednesday we also had our 3rd team meeting. In case you missed, here are the minutes:
- Swimmers were reminded to sign-up and guarantee their spots on ACAC for the next session;
- T-shirts: we are collecting t-shirts order via the main website. To order, click on ‘Team Store’, and then on ‘Logo Gear’. Be sure to order ACAC t-shirts and wear them to the meets!!!
- Practice schedules updated. Just visit the team’s website to check on the workout schedules. For now, it is important to remember that practice is cancelled for all groups except Novice on November 13th (everybody else is expected to attend the DMSF and Grand Prix meets), and cancelled for Age Group 3 and Seniors on November 20th (Coach Aron and Coach Lucas will be gone for the CSC meet)
- Keep your focus on the State meet: at this point in the season, when that excitement from the first weeks are gone, and the State meet still seems far away, it is normal that swimmers start loosing their focus. For that reason it is important to keep looking at the individual goals, and thinking about State. Working hard all season long will pay off when that meet comes around!!! Letters of recognition were given to the swimmers that have attended meets so far, and reminded them that the competition for spots on the Relays at State meet is open!
- Time standards: how many people have looked at the time standards sheet except for looking at State Q-times? There are several time standards for each event and age group, and those are national standards. In order to recognize swimmers for achieving those, they received patches according to the standards they currently hold.